I hope everyone had a fun, safe evening!
Friday, October 31, 2008
I hope everyone had a fun, safe evening!
Thursday, October 30, 2008
And that night, Mike and I had a grown up party to attend. We planned on going as Hawaiian tourists, but had a surprise wardrobe malfunction that morning. I bought a package of Luau attire, or so I thought. The hula skirts turned out to be a giant table wrap for a party decoration, not a skirt. So we borrowed costumes at the last minute and ended up getting really into it...
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Monday, October 27, 2008
This is a very frugal project. It took me about 30 minutes to cut all 15 yards of fabric into strips and another 30 minutes to tie all the knots. Quick. Cheap. Simple. Cute. What more could you ask for???
Sunday, October 26, 2008
- Make PB&J (or any other sandwich) and use large cookie cutters to shape into ghosts, bats, etc.
- Trim off the crusts and form into a circle, if you want
- Put two large marshmallows on a candy stick
- Mix melted white chocolate with green food coloring
- Melt semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips in another bowl
- Coat marshmallows with green chocolate
- Dip the "hair" of the frankenstein in the brown chocolate
- Put a straight pretzel through the top marshmallow for the "bolts"
- Use mini chocolate chips as eyes
- Melt white chocolate first, then mix in oil
- Take a lollipop and cover it with a Kleenex tissue
- Tie around the "neck" with a piece of ribbon
- Use a black marker to draw circles for the eyes and mouth
Saturday, October 25, 2008
But in the last few days I've had so many questions that I have to do a whole post about the answers. So here goes...
* I'm so excited to meet a few of the looky-loo ladies who came out of the shadows! (I'll stop calling you that soon, I promise) But I need more. I know many of you have visited today and read that post, but STILL didn't comment. Are you a scary stalker? Because I distinctly remember telling you to "shoo." Come on, people. Give me some comment love! I'm not to proud to beg. Blackwood, NJ, I know you're out there. Lisa isn't my only New Jersey reader, so introduce yourself, wouldja? And I know Jen isn't the only Michigan reader...there are several cities who come up in Michigan, and I'd love to "meet" you.
* For Rachael and all those who are curious: my "blogging friends" are real people I know and consider friends. That list used to be about 8 people long, but more and more people are coming to the dark side and starting blogs! I keep that list so that, if you know me personally, you can look through it and you may see someone that we know in common that you didn't realize has a blog, too. If you are a friend of mine and have started a blog and I don't know about it, please give me the site address! I'd love to take a peek and add you to the list.
The "blogs I read" list is much more extensive. That is there to share the most recent blog posts of the "blogging friends" list plus people that I've met in blogland that have never met personally (and likely will never meet) plus the higher traffic blogs that I follow, like Money Saving Mom and Simple Mom. I just realized that you should be on both and are on neither...sorry Rachael! I haven't updated the list in a while. I'll do that tomorrow and you'll see yourself on both.
* Okay Carrie, to satisfy your curiosity, Jessica was right. The mystery project is that I'm making some tutus. Don't worry: all of those colors aren't going into the same tutu! I'll make a couple with different colors for Kaylin and a few for birthday gifts, I'll post all about it when I'm done. Today I only got through the first couple of steps before I was stopped by the fact that I needed to measure the waist size of my sleeping daughter! Unfortunately, I guess I can't do everything during naptime.
* Chandy, it was so fun seeing you tonight. I now have to try QT donuts. There has to be a QT closer than a Krispy Kreme...they're on every corner!
* Rachel left a comment (I'm not sure which Rachel you are!) about Winstead's being better than Krispy Kreme. GIRL! That job across from Krispy Kreme that I mentioned was at Winstead's! I worked there, sporting that hideous green 50s diner dress, all through high school and college. (when I was home from K-State) I would die for a hot fudge shake and a single with pickle, mustard and ketchup right about now. Well, not RIGHT NOW...it's midnight for heaven's sake...
* My mom said she almost sent my post about my Krispy Kreme excitement (the first one) to the Krispy Kreme company. *humph* I think she needs to send them the second post to let them know that they need to make sure there are enough original glazed donuts to go around on a Friday morning! (I'm kidding, Mom - please don't!)
* I can't believe how many of you moms-of-boys out there deal with the pee issue. I went to a huge women's event at my church tonight and was told several times from friends that their bathrooms smell like pee, too. Moms, this is an epidemic. We need to teach our boys how to pee IN the toilet, otherwise they'll turn into MEN who don't know how to pee IN the toilet! I'm just sayin'...
* Finally, thank you for all of your encouragement and comments about my darker hair! Mike actually mentioned tonight that he's really getting used to it and starting to like it. I think I'm going to try again to go darker this weekend. (not sure I'll have time...the schedule is packed) I'm hoping that brown will color better over brown than it did over blonde. I'll keep you posted.
Friday, October 24, 2008
Serves me right for wanting donuts when I was JUST complaining about my waistline to Mike the other day. And we are entering a party-packed pre-Halloween weekend...someone had better have some apples lying around so I don't eat all the candy!